Workshops available in 2018
'toMAgo' – art workshop of arranging flower petals into a picture
For all ages, from 5 to 99 years!
What to bring: just good will and a bit of imagination. The material for the workshop is prepared
Where: in the exhibition pavilion, from 11 am do 1 pm, two workshops per month
When: April 14 and 15, May 19 and 20, June 16 and 17, July 14 and 14, August 18 and 19, September 18 and 19, October 20 and 21
'SEED & SEEDLING' - gardening workshop of sowing seeds and transplanting seedlings
- For older preschool children (5-6 years) and younger pupils (7-10 years)
- During the workshop you will: get rather dirty! Also mix the soil, top the pots, sow the seeds, water the plants, pick the seedlings, sing a little and talk a lot…any you will also take something home with you!
- What to bring: old clothes is advisable, or aprons, also a small towel, gloves for kids with sensitive skin. We shouldn’t wrote anything, for dirty hands and notebooks don’t mix well!
- Number of persons: 10 to (maximally!) 15
- When and where: on working days (earliest at 9 am and latest by 1 pm) in the exhibition pavilion, in a classroom or the greenhouse during two school periods (2×45 minutes)
'MICROSCOPING' - botanical workshop of observing tiny thing s in and on plants
- For elementary and high school pupils
- During the workshop you will: familiarize yourself wit a light microscope and how it works, take samples in the Garden, make sections and observe minute things invisible to the naked eye
- What to bring: a bit of scientific and explorer curiosity! We will use just one microscope, but digitally connected to projector so we can all see the preparation on big screen. All participants make preparations and illustrate what they see on prepared pieces of paper
- Number of persons: maximally 10 pupils
- When and where: on working days (earliest at 9 am and latest by 1 pm) in the exhibition pavilion, in a classroom or the greenhouse during two school periods during 60-90 minutes
'EXPEDITION' - theme guided tour in combination with a workshop
- In agreement with the teacher we will give a specific guided tour for a part of the class while other pupils attend a desired workshop (possible themes: Flowering plants, Conifers, Ferns, Pollinators, Colours, Medicinal plants, Carnivorous plants, Croatian flora, Evolution of plants….)
- What to bring: a notebook and a pen
- Duration: 45-60 minutes
- Number of persons: 10 to 15 pupils
- When and where: on working days (earliest at 9 am and latest by 1 pm) in the Garden